Civil War Photography

“When you photograph people in color, You photograph their clothes. When you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls” is one of my favorite quotes from Ted Grant. I have always had an interest and admiration for black and white photography. This last week I stumbled across a black and white photo during the civil war. After researching and going through the National Archives website, I have a new value and respect for each and every one of those photos and photographers that captured moments from the war. I believe there is a raw component to black and white photos that can not be replicated in color, and it is very special. Attached below is the National Archives website with many photos to view.

https://www.archives.gov/research/military/civil-war/photos#toc-portraits-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog